Structural Engineer (Buildings & Facilities) - Sacramento CA
- TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners
- Sacramento, CA
- DOE / Yearly
Structural Engineer --Structural Project Manager (Building & Facilities)
Structural Engineering & Design of Buildings and Facility Structures
Position: Senior Structural Engineer -- Structural Project Manager
Location: Sacramento, California Office
Compensation: Highly competitive base salary plus benefits and performance bonuses (Salary will be equivalent to experience level)
Top ranked and prestigious multidisciplinary architecture & engineering firm specializing in the design and engineering of Higher Education, K-12 Education, Civic, Corporate, Government & Sports / Recreational facilities; actively seeks Structural Engineer -- Structural Project Manager to join our award winning Sacramento, California office. This is a long term full time career opportunity.
We believe that each and every Engineer on our staff matters. We encourage you to join our firm, a firm where your voice is heard, ideas are encouraged and your work is highly regarded. We offer a collaborative work environment with simply creative, intelligent people.
As aStructural Engineer with our firm you will be largely involved in all aspects of structural design and engineering of major projects, including conceptual design, construction document and coordination between design disciplines. You will be the leader for the structural engineering team in the initiation and execution of engineering projects for our firm. This is a highly visible role requiring the ability to communicate with project teams, project staff and with our valued clients.
This Structural Engineer will:
- Provide structural design and manage staff for projects assigned by the firm.
- Oversee Quality Control/Quality Assurance within the Structural discipline.
- Monitor and coordinate the work of the structural engineering staff.
- Ensure that the scope of work has been properly defined and fulfilled.
- Work closely with the Market Segments to establish and monitor schedules and budgets as they relate to Structural Engineering services.
- Review the drawings and specifications during all phases of design.
- See that positive relationships are maintained with clients, consultants and staff.
- Develop Structural Engineering work group competencies to support target markets.
- Help to develop and maintain a stable, motivated staff and high morale.
- Actively participate with creativity and foresight as a member of project teams.
- Assist in the trouble shooting of structural-related project problems as they arise
- Maintain that all Structural Engineering work is of the highest professional quality.
- Actively mentor staff to provide them with the vision necessary for their professional and personal growth.
Desired Skills & Experience for this Structural Engineer include:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing Public School projects through the Division of the State Architect (DSA)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering or closely related field
- Minimum of5 years of project experience in structural design of major projects
- Professional Registration as Structural Engineer (strongly preferred)
- Participation in a professional association is desirable
- Extensive experience in advanced structural analysis
- In-depth knowledge in seismic provisions and California Building Codes
- Proven ability to develop detailed construction documents.
- Proven ability to resolve complex structural design problems
- Effective communication skills with a team-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of ETABS, SAP, SAFE is desirable
- Experience in OSHPD projects is desirable but not required
Founded in the mid 1950's our firm currently has over 200 employees within our 3 California offices. Our firm provides services in architecture, sustainability, planning, interior design, landscape architecture, engineering, and graphics. We pride ourselves in being a Green oriented firm and have designed more LEED certified buildings than any firm in the state and of our employees, more than 78% are LEED Accredited Professionals (BD+C and ID+C).
Wal-Mart, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Disney, The Irvine Company, Toyota Motor Sales, Ford Motor Company, Western Digital, Blizzard Entertainment, Emulex, American Airlines, Wells Fargo Bank, Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Unisys Corporation, Herman Miller, Cisco Systems, Verizon Wireless, Kodak, Amtrak, and the Irvine Ranch Water District plus more than 6o governmental agencies, cities and counties throughout California, and approximately 100 K-12 school districts, colleges and universities.
More than 500 major design awards attest to firms commitment to design excellence. Of these, 170 awards have been received from the American Institute of Architects National, State and Component Chapters, not to mention 35 years of continuous recognition from the AIA Sacramento.
We work a non-standard schedule--9 hours a day Monday through Thursday and 4 hours on Friday. We offer a training program, competitive compensation, including profit sharing, and a benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
WANT TO APPLY:
For immediate and entirely confidential employment consideration please email detailed resume of experience and brief cover letter to Engineering Division Lead, James Cameron at ( jcameron(AT)johnsongroupinc.com) . We will contact you directly for interview coordination and further discuss.
Thank you and we look forward to the possibility of making you the newest addition to our dynamic team.
Engineering Division Lead / Hiring Manager
Terms: structural engineer structural engineering structural design structural designer structural calculation structural analysis ETABS SAP AutoCAD Revit DSA OSHPD PE SE licensed engineer professional engineer Sacramento CACaliforniajob jobs career careers hire hiring employment structural engineering consulting firm
- Learn more about TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners
- Browse all TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners Jobs
- Browse TJG Civil Engineers and Land Planners Jobs in Sacramento, CA
Browse other CAD Jobs in California
Sacramento, CA, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/V/F/D Truss Designer �" Sacramento, CA Primary...
Rancho Cordova, CAin a Team environment. · Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Access and CAD. Who is Michael Baker...
El Dorado Hills, CAsoftware programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. 7. CAD...
Pittsburg, CA-learn: * CAD software tools: Solidworks, PTC Creo, Fusion 360, Inventor. * Business software...
San Francisco, CAskills (3D CAD modeling, 3D acoustics models and acoustical analysis) directly applied to projects...
Santa Clara, CAthe use of various CAD tools for design, physical layout, and verification ...
Santa Rosa, CAskills (CAD, SketchUp, Revit experience a plus) * Excellent ability to hand sketch furniture plans...
San Leandro, CAagencies via telephone, radio systems and computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems * Complete Turn-over...
San Leandro, CAadoption of newer 3D CAD/CAM and PLM software. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS • Lead and manage the overall...
San Francisco, CA/built work * Basic Revit and CAD skills * 3-D modeling and rendering experience is a plus (Rhino...
Browse all CAD Jobs in California